Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Wahoo


Ajax Loading Image


Inspections and Licenses


Contact the Building Inspector to schedule inspections at least 24 hours prior to the requested inspection. 

Inspections are required on setbacks, footings, groundwork, rough-in, and framing, among others. No Occupancy Certificate can be issued without proper permits and inspections.

Please remember to call Diggers Hotline of Nebraska at 811 to locate all utilities at least two working days prior to any digging or excavation.

Additional inspections and approval may be required by the State Electrical Division, State Fire Marshal's Office, State Health Department, or other entities and authorities, depending on the type of project.  Wahoo Utilities can answer questions regarding extension of service or connection of electric, water, sewer, or natural gas service.


Contractors performing plumbing, electrical, or mechanical (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) work within the City's territorial jurisdiction must be licensed with the City of Wahoo. License requirements include filing a bond or proof of insurance, proof of proficiency and certification, and payment of annual fee. General contractors are not currently required to have a license with the City.  Please note: Saunders County Building and Zoning has separate licensing requirements for contractors working within their jurisdiction.

In addition, the City of Wahoo has implemented a requirement that all commercial tree services performing work in Wahoo be licensed with the City of Wahoo. Requirements are proof of insurance (or a surety bond) and annual fee. A contractor is not required to be an arborist, however this information would be helpful to anyone viewing the list of contractors.

Application for Electrician's License

Application for Plumber's License

Application for Mechanical License

Application for Tree Contractor's License or Sprinkler Installers